Yesterday I turned 30 and I had a great day, in no small part because of Erica's efforts to make sure I had as good a day as possible. But so many good things happened I had to share a few.
- Kent and Erica gave me my presents first thing in the morning. They were wrapped in custom Kent-painted wrapping paper. It was awesome :)
- My mom emailed me a quick note about the day I was born. Something I probably knew at some point but had forgotten: my father was the first person to hold me after I was delivered. Now that I'm a dad this means even more to me than it might have before Kent.
- Speaking of Kent, I had a great surprise waiting in my email box when I got to work yesterday morning: R Kent Angert, Actuarial Assistant Reporting for Duty!
- I got phone calls from my parents and my sister wishing a happy birthday, in addition to several emails, a text from Granny and Uncle Mark, and a coworker that I hardly know wishing a happy birthday (guess he checked the birthday list; I didn't advertise that it was happening at all).
- Erica and Kent came to meet me for lunch and we sat outside on a nice spring day at one of our favorite downtown restaurants.
- Erica made an excellent Queen of Sheba cake based on my sister's suggestion. She even made the cardamom strawberries to put on top. Yum!
Labels: actuarial, family, Kent, wife things